Wednesday, November 25, 2009

There must be a lot of pansies out there


I just finished watching this movie, like right now. I watched both endings (the original one, and the one Spielberg "changed").

NOT SCARY!

Seriously, today's emo kids are pussies. Spielberg "spooked himself"? Puh-lease. He was selling the movie. Unless he too is a pansy. Scariest movie of all time? Not.

I will admit, however, that this movie probably would've been scarier inside a darkened theater, but not that much scarier. The movie relies heavily on sound, so if you don't have a good sound system, or have all your lights on, you might not get spooked. As for the endings, I liked the original ending better; it was more gritty. The Spielberg ending didn't add anything to it, and just went for the cheese factor.

I guess the magic of movies is fading for me, which makes me very sad.

Update 11:52 pm



I'm on a roll! Two movies in one night? Thank goodness I don't have work for another 5 days. I just finished watching this movie. Despite the 36% tomatometer rating, I rather enjoyed this movie... a lot. It's faster paced than the previous movie. Yes it was cheesy and implausible at times, but as a popcorn movie I felt it succeeded in entertaining me (this is hours after I said that the magic movies was fading for me). This was pure disposable entertainment, and nothing to take seriously. I now want to read the book and see what I missed out on. But maybe that's what the movie wanted me to do, to get the book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to keep the movie weekend going, Rescue Dawn is recording right now on my DVR. Beverly Hills Chihuahua is also on soon, so just send me a text if you also want to view that one.

Thank goodness for free HBO, Showtime previews.

Yes, there are a lot of pansies out there. Is that a spider on my desk???! I gotta leave my room now.