Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm not gonna watch it. I'm not gonna watch it.

First off, happy November, happy belated Halloween, and happy US daylight savings time.

So, I think we all can agree that movies based on video games SUCK DONKEY BALLS. Money-grubbing producers take a beloved franchise from the core audience and convert it (read: dumb it down) to another medium accessible to the mainstream audience in an attempt to cash in. That said, here's the first trailer for a video game adaptation for one of my favorite game series:



You know what made the games so great? Ever since the first game in 1989, it was famous for its incredibly smooth animation and frustrating puzzles (I just finished that one recently on an emulator). If you take out the platforming and puzzle-solving, you'll probably get a shallow movie. Based on the track record of video games movies so far, this should be an epic fail. Hell, I'll even say it WILL be an epic fail. I mean COME ON: caucasians are playing Persians. But, the effects look great and will sucker any casual caucasian moviegoer who want to see a caucasian hero kick foreign butt in a foreign CG land. The casual moviegoer in me wants to go see this, with hopes that it be on par with the first Pirates of the Caribbean at the very least. But I've been let down so much by spectacle (read: Transformers movies blow). I may just have to wait for it when it comes out on TBS or something. In the meantime, I still have to finish Prince of Persia: Rival Swords. That should be enough to deter me.

No comments: