While I was treating my sister to the Wolverine movie (at 1 am? Uh huh. Go figure), her phone rang. I laughed. Why? Because in that laughter I remembered the good ol' days. I realized that the mobile phone can be not only be a communications device, but a gadget for expression as well. Her ringtone is from a game so many people grew up with:
That song reminded me of the hours I spent playing this game on an emulator on my dad's PC because I didn't have a Gameboy. I remember taking all my injured Pokemon and this delightful music would play while they get all healed and ready for the next battle. I may not be of the Pokemon-playing generation like she is (she had a Gameboy), but that song did bring back the good ol' days.
I then told her I just recently changed my ringtone:
Oh, the nostalgia. Coming to America is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. (I sure hope those inept movie studios don't touch this movie, since they're all going to reboot 80's movies. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)
My sister says that we are a family with creative ringtones. Then we noted the ringtone of one of our sisters:
Every time we hear her phone ring, we always pose when that pause happens after the drum snares. Plus, that ringtone fits her personality perfectly. She's always about the good ol' 90's.
It's like when the phone rings, we don't wanna answer it. Don't these ringtones say something about the individual? Oh, technology. What else will you think of next?
No comments:
Post a Comment