Friday, May 29, 2009

My first retail Transformers movie purchase, ever! (Not including Brawl, which was from eBay)

Wow. As I sit here during the CSU Long Beach graduation, cringing at the loud noisemaker horns behind me, I reflect on a Transformers purchase I did about an hour ago. For all my gripes about the weak storytelling and stupid jokes that plague the 2007 Michael Bay movie, I can't deny how awesome this improved action figure is, flames or not. I had no interest in any of the movie figures at all, especially since the 2007 version looked like crap. Until I saw this at the Burbank Target. An Optimus Prime action figure with Peter Cullen's voice (or at least it sounds like him). It was the last one there and, dammit, I couldn't resist.

I guess you can say I'm a fan of the Transformers brand, rain or shine.

No comments: