Saturday, April 4, 2009

DC Day 2: Hella walking. Hella waiting.

The 2009 National Cherry Blossom Festival. Hella f**king people. And I thought Comic-con was bad. Comic-con has crowds of people squeezed into one musty convention center. This festival has crowds of people all over the place, and there is a lot of space so you won't smell sweaty fanboys. Many roads were closed just for pedestrians. There may be a lot of space, but places of interest were so far apart, for walking that is. We must've walked at least 10 miles this day. And we waited in festival lines for just as long.

A quick rundown of the day: hangin' outside the White House, walking, waiting for the parade to start in the extreme cold, standing during the parade, walking, losing Elaine at the Smithsonian, walking, the Cherry Blossom Festival, waiting in line for about an hour for food from the Yoshi Restaurant booth that promised a "taste of Japan" but instead we got tastes from all of Asia (peanuts included), eating, visiting booths, walking, tidal basin, walking, resting, walking, dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill, walking, uploading, blogging, proofreading...



At one of the festival booths, I saw some pretty awesome shirts. I saw one shirt that made me laugh because the character on it looked like one of my friends (a photo I borrowed from the company's website). Another is a cool "xing" sign that could very well be worn to Comic-con.

No comments: