
I'll admit I've only read a few Transformers comics. But I did own the Fallen titanium action figure because I thought his fiery tank mode looked cool. For the unfamiliar, here's what I can remember about The Fallen without googling him: He's an ancient Transformer, one of the first, who is neither an Autobot nor Decepticon, but is pure evil, and for some reason is Unicron's herald. Like most evil bad guys, he was locked away by some interspacial/interdimensional means.
With Michael Bay's filming at the pyramids (because no one is cool enough to film a movie at the pyramids except him) and with the pharoah-ish looking head design of this creature, I'm inclined to think that they're doing the Stargate-meets-Pandora's-box angle. And that The Fallen was not locked away in another space/time dimension, but at the pyramids on Earth. It looks like the "end of the world will begin when a creature locked away in the pyramids gets released" storyline. Maybe they'll introduce Unicron as a wisp of cloud, like they did Galactus in Fantastic Four 2. I really hope I'm wrong though, because predicting tired movie cliches ruin the experience for me.
The internet was also treated today with a look at the movie Devastator. Aside from the troll-creature look, I am not entirely upset about this. We'll just have to wait and see how much screentime he gets and what kind of direction this character will be animated.

And here is yet another Chevy commercial, featuring our beloved Autobots.
No comments:
Post a Comment