Monday, November 24, 2008

She's doing great

Last Sunday (Nov. 16), my sister had stomach pains and nausea and went to the hospital. They told her it was just an ulcer and sent her home. Then they called her back and said they needed to do more tests to see if it was appendicitis instead. It turned out it was appendicitis and scheduled an appendectomy ASAP. Good thing too, because I can't imagine what would've happened if they just ran with the "just an ulcer" diagnosis. Dang, a procedure like that at age 28. When I heard about this, I immediately wikipedia'd the procedure. The article had a picture of an appendix being removed. That normally wouldn't make me sick to my stomach because I'm desensitized to gore thanks to special effects, but when I saw that picture it made me sick because I imagined my sister's face in that picture.

Anyways, she was sent home that Tuesday (Nov. 18) and is recovering from what she calls an "owwee". Three to be exact: one for the tools, one for the camera, and one for the appendix. She's doing fine and her daughter's kindergarten class even made her a get-well booklet, each with a message from the individual students. Awww...

1 comment:

leeannimal said...

oh man wait til you see the drawing I made her