Monday, March 3, 2008

First. Blog. Post. Ever. Period.

It's been a long time coming, but here it is. Finally. I have officially been baptized in this Web 2.0 business. I never did get what all the excitement was all about until I became exposed to the concept of RSS feeds and automatic news updates. I also wasn't attracted to making a blog because, even though I do enjoy writing, I hate the time it takes to write. And I can keep writing. And I can proofread as long as I write. Hell I'm proofreading right now. But there isn't enough time for me to dwell in my thoughts. I got other shit to do. I got a portfolio/demo-reel to update. Got e-mails to check. Laundry to do. Dinner to get ready for. Room to clean. Items to sell on eBay. News to read. Bird to feed. Blogs to write. Etc.

So why make a blog? Why now? Well aside from the obvious inspiration of RSS feeds, I have been looking at blogs by other artists for some time now. I also subscribed to my friend CM's sketch blog. It's interesting when they post their art in progress. It's motivating to see them get their shit done because I always thought to myself that I should do the same. So here I am. But this is not my art blog. I'll link to that here, eventually. This blog is for all the shit that keeps me away from being productive. Funny how I'm writing this blog first, huh?

Well anyways, without further adieu adieu, here it is: Peanut Love and Other Distractions. Why the title? Well, those who know me like to make fun of my inability to eat peanuts without my mouth and throat getting painfully itchy. Well, the joke's on them now. I do love Peanuts. The Peanuts by Charles Schulz. His comic strips taught me how to read and how to draw. I love those Peanuts, not the ones that cause my immune system to overreact, also known as
Arachis hypogaea.
I can have cashews, almonds, pecans, macadamias and all those other ones, just not peanuts.

(Interested in seeing more of this guy's anime take on Peanuts? Click here)

1 comment:

punkcichlid said...

peanut butter blast!!!!!