- Couple weeks ago, while in line for park-n-ride, a guy dressed up as a mime walked by. This was funny because at that very moment, this song was playing in my MP3 player.
- Oh yeah, that's right. I got a new MP3 player. It was hella cheap ($40) so why not? It's a lot smaller than my USB-drive sized MP3 player (which still works great BTW). And no, it's not an "all-form-no-function" Apple product.
- Finally finished season 1 of Glee. It's really hard for me to follow TV shows. Like A:TLA, I only caught a few episodes on TV and enjoyed them. But finally watching all the episodes in order made me fully appreciate it. Yes the characters are a bit cartoony, but that makes it plausible for them to momentarily break out in song. And the song arrangements aren't bad. And one of the best reasons to watch the show is Jane Lynch. The crazy things her cynical and condescending character says are hilarious, memorable, and de-moralizes the fluffy characters. The way she steps on them is magic. Don't get me wrong, it isn't all comedy; there are some serious moments that tackle high school issues such as teen pregnancy, bullying, and homosexuality.
- I started using the "check-in" feature on the Yelp app. Looks like I'm going to be doing that more than reviewing. But if I don't have Facebook, who's gonna see my check-ins?
- Got a new computer. After 8 years, it was finally its time. 10 minutes to start up is bad, and waiting 2 minutes for the right-click menu is worse. It's not a beastly workstation for professional graphics production, just your everyday multi-tasker.
- Saw the 2010 Clash of the Titans. My thoughts: it's mediocre, throwaway entertainment. My brother calls it a "meathead movie". It would've been a little better if they got rid of that silly script. There were lines that annoyingly state the obvious, similar to E. Honda's "It's gas!" line from the Van Damme Street Fighter movie. There were some "Oh, that's convenient" moments when a resolution to a scene unsurprisingly presents itself. I was surprised to see Bubo in it, but they totally dissed him! And why was Medusa so beautiful? I know she was beautiful before she was cursed with ugliness, but making her a beautiful gorgon who can turn ugly at will throws me off a bit. I guess it works in this movie, though, because a man would actually want to look at a beautiful Medusa... before they die. Still, I wasn't scared at all during this scene, since the whole time I wanted to see Medusa's pretty face. Speaking of beautiful creatures, Gemma Arterton is incredibly hot. Completely believable as a goddess (or as they say in the movie, a demigod). I totally pictured her in a Wonder Woman outfit the whole time. I say cast her as Wonder Woman. Or any other Amazon in a Wonder Woman movie. I saw her in Quantum of Solace, but it was in this movie when she made my jaw drop to the floor. Maybe it was the toga. I'm actually considering watching the poorly reviewed Prince of Persia movie just to see her in another toga.
- GameStop is having a used game sale right now, and I needlessly spent money on nostalgia. I bought Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II for PSP, and Prince of Persia: Two Thrones for PS2. I already have FF1 on various NES emulators, including on my phone, but I've never finished it. I already have FF2 as part of a the Final Fantasy Origins collection for PS1, but I don't remember if I finished it or not. I finished Rival Swords (which is the PSP version of Two Thrones), but my desire for smoother gameplay, better graphics, and a nostalgic trip to PoP moved me to get the PS2 version. And when am I going to turn my PS2 on again? In retrospect, I think I wasted my money on these games, victimized yet again by double-dipping companies.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Hello, blog? You still there?
Ah, there you are. Yep, busy as usual, just here checking in. There've been several occasions where I've wanted to blog, but then quickly forgot about it. Let's see if I can compile some blogworthy updates that no one will waste their time reading:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right on! I like the bullet point format! Thanks for the digs on Apple. I find it ironic that I was never rooting for apple till I got an iphone. but yeah, other than working i've just been playing the ps3 again. i need to get out. lets go with chris to see inception this week.
Post a Comment