Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Summary of Punkcichlid's Birthday

Last Saturday we went to Ella's in Sacramento. Definitely a nice, sexy place. We arrived at 6:20 pm. We figured we had a reasonable amount of time to catch the 8:00 Avenue Q show. We got our food at 7:50. Needless to stay, that was the longest wait I ever had for the fastest dinner ever completed. I finished my gnocchi in 3 minutes. I also helped out by sampling some of their beef tenderloin, rabbit pot pie, beets, and pappardelle pasta. In that short amount of time I was able to conclude that the food, as well as their famous gin and tonic, are top notch. I also can't believe I ate wabbit.

Bugs Bunny in A Pot

When we finally got to the show, we had already missed 4 songs. That's okay, since I've already seen it when the tour was in SF. I may know the songs and storyline, but noticing the subtleties and paying attention to each nuance of each actor's performance is just like new to me. I forgot some of the funny details in between songs, so seeing that was refreshing. However, there was one actor in particular who seemed lackluster, and I will not name names.


Cast list for the night

Avenue Q photo op
Trekkie Monster poster in New York

Concluded the evening with some pizza, pizookie, and pals at BJ's

No comments: