Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Batman at Best Buy

Last night I wasn't sure I was gonna go to this, but when my computers went haywire I spent many hours awake trying to restore them. By the time it was 11:45, I was watching Family Guy and waiting for that dang progress bar on my computer screen to move forward. That's when I said "Fuck it, I'm going".

Upon arriving, the first thing I noticed was a circle of dudes surrounding a podium with someone dressed as Batman and a Best Buy employee asking trivia questions. My guess? They were doing it for prizes. I did see some people in line holding cardboard standees. The employees had cool black shirts with HAHAHAHAs forming the shape of a bat, and "I believe in Harvey Dent" pins. I wonder if they gave those away too? I heard there were posters but I didn't see any. For the sake of statistics, I guesstimated there were about 60 people in line. Of that 60, about 6 or 7 were girls.





My haul consisted of the 2-disc DVD with Joker clown mask (I actually grabbed the one Batman is holding in the photo), and the Joker mini-statue. When I came home I opened my mail and got the Dark Knight sheet music book I ordered last week. Now if only Batman were here to fix my computer so I can play some piano.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a lot of Batman fans for Vallejo. Who knew?

I'm sure computer problems might keep you away from your dvd purchase for a while.