Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo weekend

This was a long and eventful weekend. Originally I wasn't going to do any of this and attend Free Comic Book day at Flying Colors where my celebrity friends have been signing. Unfortunately my better half's uncle passed away and I went there to pay my respects. He's the guy on the left holding the guitar with the white pick guard.

Later that night I played beer pong for the first time. From what I can remember, it was fun.
Beer pong
We also had a very frustrating toy hunt (I haven't done this in a long time). We were looking for the new Dark Knight figures that came out about a week ago. We found Batman and a Gotham City Thug, but no Joker or unmasked Batman.

We also visited Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood, which had the Iron Man Mark 03 armor on display.
with Iron Man Iron Man Mark 03 Armor with the Incredible Hulk Incredible Hulk
After that we went to the Upright Cabaret (I mentioned it in an earlier post) and the after party. I've never seen Megan perform outside of Wicked and this was a treat. Megan and Shoshana mixed comedy and beautiful singing with tequila. Celebrities in attendance included Allison Janney (recently saw her in Juno), Melissa Peterman (I haven't watched Reba), and Willie Garson (from that one HBO series about four cougars that has a movie coming out and millions of hot girls will watch it).
Upright Cabaret: The Meg an' Sho Show
At the after party Adam Lambert sang for the sound check, and seeing Eden perform up close and personal was friggin' sweet. I had a few drinks but the prices were too steep ($10 each) and not enough alcohol. The Corner Bakery delicacies almost made up for that. Almost.
2 Elphabas, 1 Glinda with Megan Hilty with Eden Espinosa with Eden Espinosa
I forgot to mention there was a lot of Mario Kart Wii in-between all of that.

No comments: