
Robot mode: to the left, ROTF Leader-class Prime; to the right, DOTM Ultimate Prime. The Leader-class figure is still the best and more accurate rendition of the movie Prime. The Ultimate figure is pretty disappointing. He's got huge Popeye forearms, skinny chicken legs, and the kibble on his back makes him look like a hunchback. He's much shorter than the Leader-class figure, even though the box says it's the "Biggest Optimus Prime Toy". The chest transformation is easier and more stable, and the articulation is decent. Still, it doesn't look like the "Biggest Optimus Prime Toy" nor does it feel so "ultimate".

Alt-mode: again, the Leader-class truck mode trumps the Ultimate version because of its proportions and size. The smaller truck mode for the Ultimate version has shorter stacks, a visible hole in each fuel tank, and the three divisions on the windows (for the chest transformation) bother me. The Ultimate version does have a trailer, and that's pretty sweet. If you put the trailer on the Leader-class version, it looks silly because the tires on the trailer are noticeably smaller than the ones on the truck. It's probably better to just leave it with the Ultimate version.

Now this is the reason why it's called the "Biggest Optimus Prime Toy": the trailer transforms into an exo-suit for Prime, and it's freakin' huge. The box says it extends over 22 inches. Leader-class Prime is a dwarf compared to this thing. It's so huge I don't know where to display it.
The gun (not pictured because I haven't taken it out yet), which has sound effects and dialog, is also pretty huge and has a pretty cool "mechtech" gimmick.
No, I haven't seen the movie and from what I've heard, I don't think I want to (spending $$$ on this figure should be more than enough support to that movie). Though, the scene of him in the trailer (hehe) flying around slicing bad guys looked pretty sweet. But I didn't get this to re-enact any specific scene or anything. I really got it for the trailer and the epic combined mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment