Sunday, February 6, 2011

Old shelf setup

Oh crap, I just came upon this old photo from 2003 while organizing my hard drives. Look at that cheap looking setup reenacting so many things at once. I even had a paper printout behind it as an environment. How lame is that.



Look at that! Sam and Frodo are on a boat making their getaway. Legolas and Gimli are fighting Uruk-Hai, Aragorn's trying to save a dying Boromir from Lurtz's last arrow while Merry and Pippin are getting kidnapped.

Now I'm getting nostalgic. LOTR needs to come out on blu-ray. And I mean the extended versions. The theatrical cuts are available now, but those are only good for skeet shooting. I know they're holdin' out just so they can coincide its release with the Hobbit movies.

Oh hey look, that's Count Dooku below on the Geonosian Arena playset. Man, that setup was epic too. It was that scene in Episode II when all the Jedi are getting surrounded by all types of battle droids. Yes, I even had R2-D2 dragging C-3PO's head off a battle droid body. I sold that entire set, including the figures and creatures, for a pretty penny.

That was almost 8 years ago. Geez.

No comments: